Anchor capstan is used for anchoring mooring cables for luxury boats, high-speed ships, and military-auxiliary ships. The sprocket, reel and winch base of the anchor capstan are all precision cast. Compared with general winch, it has a small size, light weight (about 50% of the general anchor winch) and high efficiency (up to 90%), simple structure, easy operation, easy maintenance and so on. our structural principle Φ20.5 light anchor capstan winch consists of motor, reducer, base, sprocket, winch body, jaw clutch, brake device, push rod and other components.
A capstan winch is a machine with a vertically mounted winch drum, which can be wound under power but does not store ropes. It also refers to a winch whose axis of rotation is perpendicular to the deck. It is a self-protecting and traction device for vehicles and ships and can be used on snow.
The entire machine is attached to the deck by six bolts on the base. The winch motor is inserted into the input end of the reducer and is combined with the reducer to form an integral body. The sprocket shaft is directly placed on the output shaft of the reducer, and the torque is transmitted through the key. The sprocket and the winch body are provided with clutches for the clutch. The clutch handle is used to control the lifting and lowering of the winch body so that the winch body is coupled with or disengaged from the sprocket.
When the capstan body and the sprocket teeth are engaged, the anchoring operation can be performed, and when the two are disengaged, the winch operation can be performed. In the absence of electricity, the winch cover can be opened and the clutch nut can be turned so that the anchor capstan body can be disengaged from the main shaft and manpower can be anchored and the cable can be worked. The brake device is a common band brake. It consists of a brake band, a trapezoidal screw, a nut, a pin and other parts. When it is working, the hand wheel is turned and transmitted through the trapezoidal screw to the brake band to achieve braking.
Anchor capstan winch can be widely applied in many harsh environments. When you buy an anchor capstan you can use it in the harsh environment such as swamps, deserts, beaches, muddy mountain roads, etc., self-rescue and rescue. Under other conditions, operations such as removing obstacles, hauling articles, installing facilities, etc. anchor max capstan can also be well performed. Meanwhile, in the military and public service industry such as in military police, petroleum, hydrology, environmental protection, forestry, traffic, public security, border defense, fire protection and other outdoor sports indispensable safety devices, the anchor capstan can also be widely used. It is an auxiliary material handling equipment for off-road vehicles, agricultural vehicles, ATV all-terrain vehicles, yachts, fire rescue vehicles, road wreckers and other special vehicles.
The anchor capstan winch has a reel that is rotated vertically by a human or mechanical power and horizontally winds a flexible member (wire rope, chain, etc.) to complete the traction operation. There are manual anchor capstans and electric anchor capstans. In addition to the reel part, it is not different from the ordinary winch in principle, and it is often used in the handling work and the ship terminal.
Anchor capstan is a kind of material handling equipment using the principle of axles, turned by power or manpower. And the marine anchor capstans are used for retracting cables or chain cables.
The above anchor capstans parts are optional for your reference.
Planetary gear unit. Most winches in the market use planetary gears as reducers. The advantages of planetary gears are their small size and the resulting reduction ratio is relatively large. Moreover, gears have more contact points and longer service life. Winches often need to be installed in a narrow space, so the smaller the lighter the better. Planetary gears can meet this requirement while at the same time producing a large reduction ratio.
Working principle of the planetary gear unitSimply put, the working mechanism inside the winch is that the electric power from the car first drives the motor, and then the motor drives the drum to rotate, the drum wheel drives the drive shaft, and the drive shaft drives the planetary gears, which in turn generates strong torque. Later, the torque is transmitted back to the drum, and the drum drives the winch. There is a clutch between the motor and the reducer, which can be switched on and off with one handle. The brake unit is inside the drum and the drum locks automatically when the rope is tight.
In practical use, some auxiliary items are essential for safe and smooth use of the winch, such as gloves to protect the hand. In addition, if you want to fix the winch to a tree, you also need a strap, a u-shaped lifting lug, and a tight wire pulley. The strap is used to fix the fulcrum. The ideal length is 1.5 meters to 2 meters; the u-shaped lug can connect the hook with the strap and the winch. Therefore, it is better to prepare several sizes of lifting lugs. When using two or three lines to change the pulling direction, you need a tight line pulley.
1. The traction of the winch is set in pounds and can be converted into tons or kilograms by conversion. It is best to choose a winch with high pounds because the weight of the trapped vehicles is often much higher than the daily weight. Do not pull objects that exceed the traction of the winch.
2. The greater the number of windings of the winch wire rope wound on the reel, the smaller the pull force of the outer ring. The long reel winch can reduce the number of turns, to increase the traction of the outer ring. With the same winch, using a shorter steel cable requires a larger fraction of the outer cable’s outer ring.
According to the different power of the winch, there are mainly the following six kinds:
Electric winches are the most common winches. Rely on the vehicle’s own power system to drive the winch.
advantages: It can be used normally in the case of a dead fire, and it is unmatched by other winches, especially for the more water areas. Easy installation of this winch can achieve multi-position installation and rapid Shift.
Disadvantages: However, this kind of winch also has its own disadvantages: it cannot maintain long-term use (the vehicle’s own power system limitations, self-heating, and other reasons). Most of the electric winch can provide a small driving force and can only exert power in one direction (installed in front of the car can only pull forward and install it in the rear and only pull back.)
Using transfer box output power as the power source (POWER TAKEOFF)
Advantages: can continue to provide a larger pull force, single use for a long time (no heat problem), can provide multi-directional pull (front, rear, or even left and right), is the best choice for military vehicles or serious high-performance off-road.
Disadvantages: Engine power must be used, that is, it cannot be used when the engine is unable to work due to water intake or the like; it cannot be used when the transfer case loses the driving force in the direction of the winch.
The hydraulic winch uses the power of the vehicle and the power steering system as its power source, and the power steering pump provides the source power.
Advantages: Easy installation, because the external fixed part is basically universalized, even in the field can be exchanged, the driving force between the electric and PTO winch, the chance of high temperature is extremely rare. Disadvantages: As with the PTO winch, the engine drive must be used, i.e. the engine must be kept rotating and cannot be used once the power steering system fails (in some off-road situations, the power steering system is vulnerable to external damage).
The manual winch, a relatively new winch system, provides the driving force from the wheel axis. The principle is to use 4 of the 6 fixing screws of most off-road wheels to fix the winch.
Advantages: Extremely easy to install/remove (and change the ire is a step), very lightweight (lighter than any other winch, will not be deadly extra weight by the front suspension), cheap, can provide front and rear directions pull.
Disadvantages: Because its power point is the axle, the position is too low, which makes it unusable under some conditions, and it must also use engine power.
Manual winches, which are driven by the longitudinal or circular motion of a person’s hand, are usually limited by manual winch tension due to human work restrictions.
Pneumatic winch, the same design and working principle as a hydraulic winch, except that the power is changed from compressed liquid to compressed gas.
Other types of anchor capstans classified by applications
According to their use, the winch can be divided into ATV winch, off-road winch, truck winch, industrial winch, etc.; according to the characteristics of certain industries, there are as well as a waterproof winch, explosion-proof winch.
All the above anchor capstans or winches are available to you. Any needs, the company can tailor it for you.
As the above-mentioned anchor capstan winch types, the following are specifications of anchor capstan winches for your reference
|Type||Warping load (KN）||Warping speed(m/min）||Wire Dia(mm)||Motor power (kw)|
Manipulating the winch can be described in three simple steps: installation, fixing the fulcrum and dragging.
Of course, using a winch starts from the installation. Although not complicated, it is the most important step, because it is directly related to the subsequent steps and the use of the winch. The most important thing is to pay attention to the condition of the noose drum and ensure that the noose is evenly wrapped before and during the entire use. The specific installation process is as follows:
1. Insert the remote controller. Insert the end of the remote-control cable into the winch.
2. do not let the remote-control line hanging. Drivers can operate the remote control in the driver’s seat and place extra wires around the side mirrors of the vehicle, which is much easier to work with.
3. Pull off the noose, use the remote control to release the noose and then open the winch hook installed on the side of the winch.
4. Open the clutch. Be careful to open the clutch after opening the hook.
5. Hold the cable hook in your hand. Pull the noose from the drum and use one hand to hold the hook. No matter how long it takes to pull the noose, it will not be out of reach.
6. Pull the cable to the fulcrum and lock the clutch. The winch is ready.
If you want to pull the car forward, there must be a safe place to fix the fulcrum, and the fulcrum must also be able to withstand the full weight of the car. The basic principle is to pull forward in the direction of the car movement. Do not appear angles. In off-road driving, the most common fulcrum is the tree. However, if a winch is used to rescue another trapped vehicle, the rescue vehicle can also serve as a fulcrum, but it must block the wheel so that it cannot roll, that is, to ensure that the rescue vehicle does not move.
Regardless of the kind of winch you use, if you do not have a safe pivot, you cannot fully realize its potential. In other words, a fixed fulcrum is a crucial step when using a winch.
When using a winch, a strap is also required to connect the winch, fulcrum, and the hook and u-shaped lug. If the winch does not have enough power to use a single line to drag heavy objects, it needs to use double lines to increase its strength, and a tight line pulley is also needed.
Another point to note is that when using a tree as a fulcrum, the widest part of the belt should be used so as not to damage the trees caused by the belt, and the left and right ends of the belt must be tied to both sides of the lifting lug. The length of the tape should be the same.
The specific steps for pulling with a winch are:
1, first check the drum. Before starting, make sure that the noose is neatly wound around the drum.
2. If the noose is removed, it should be prevented from swinging back and forth. If the rope is broken, the rope lashing back and forth can be very dangerous. However, you can avoid placing a mat on a tight noose.
3. start dragging if you pull the car with a twisted cable, and you have to drive in the car, it is best to have a person outside the car to help you. The driver can manipulate the winch on the vehicle according to instructions from outside the vehicle.
4. If the noose is twisted together, be sure to pull it open. The rope can easily cross over the drum or become uneven on one side. Therefore, pay close attention to its state.
5. When the car can walk freely, the drag is completed. Once back on the ground, check the condition of the vehicle and the line. If you can start the car without external force, the process of using a winch to pull will end.
6. roll the noose. Tighten the noose and carefully send it back. If the noose crosses or twists on the drum, it must be completely unclamped before rewinding.
7. finally put a good hook. When the last point of the noose is left, tie the hook to the side of the winch. Then roll the remaining noose and press the hook.
8. Remove the remote controller.
1. It is best to ensure that the traction vehicle and the towed vehicle are in a straight line. One with angled traction will offset the traction force, and the other will cause the winch’s steel cable to wrap around at one end. If you cannot adjust the angle, you can use a directional pulley.
2. When using a winch to pull heavy objects or vehicles, always pay attention to the voltage of the battery. If the battery voltage is too low, stop the operation immediately and increase the battery voltage by increasing the engine speed to force the generator to charge. Because the power of the winch motor is fixed, the lower the voltage, the greater the current that breaks down the battery and the control relay. The use of a low voltage force will make it easier to reduce the life of the relay in the battery and the control box. When the voltage is low, the rope speed will also slow down.
3. When dragging heavy objects or vehicles that are difficult to drag, you can use pulleys to form loops and increase traction.
4. in the drag process should be a reasonable method of fixing the traction point, such as tire drilling, fixed body, skilled use of holding tree straps and ground spears and other tools 5, to ensure the reliability of the clutch switch, to avoid danger in the rescue.
6. Wear gloves when operating the winch cable, and place rubber mats on the cable to place destructive rebound after the winch cable breaks.
7. If the time pressure is not enough to guarantee the neatness of the collection of ropes, it is also necessary to reopen the ropes and allow the ropes to be neatly wound on the reel if the conditions permit. Avoid cluttering the string for a long time.
8. When pulling the object, if you need to loosen the cable, you should use the loose rope button with caution, which will easily cause the cable to knot and twist on the reel. The clutch can be used with the clutch as far as possible.
9. the team travel, off-road, adventure is best equipped with 2 winches to correspond to escape or dangerous situation.
10. The winch should be rigidly connected with the most solid and reliable parts of the car body to avoid separation from the car body or other dangers when dragging.
11. but also a spare battery, that thing is an electric tiger, the winch can quickly consume the battery power, a double battery is necessary, and the second battery can engage in larger.
Winches are often used under harsh conditions. Therefore, daily use can seriously affect its life. Daily maintenance must not be neglected.
1. The inside of the winch is easily filled with water, requiring frequent dismantling and maintenance (suggested 1 year/1 time), replacement of butter and inspection of gears.
2. If the wire rope is broken, broken wires need to be replaced in time.
3. Check if the clutch is slipping.
4. Try to avoid excessive wading.
5. The relay of the winch needs to check whether it is normal or not, whether the electric shock is burning or not, and connect the ground wire of the winch. Reduce the operation of the winch for a long period of time to prevent the relay from overheating.
For another example, if it is used, the noose must release it, re-wrap it, and then close it. If the winch and the rope are dirty, be sure to clean it thoroughly. A bit of lubricant is often used to help prevent rust, otherwise, it will reduce its useful life. If you use the winch for a long time, it will put extra load on the battery. Therefore, the battery should also be checked and maintained frequently.
Anchor capstan NZ designed with top qualities for our NZ client’s ships applications. Our New Zealand clients make an order to the 5t anchor capstan at the early year of 2018, on January 10. And our client received his customized 3 sets of anchor capstans with 5t capacity on February 17, 2018. Quick delivering all of winch products, ensure you no time lost to promote your business productivity.